May 19th, Europe Day
Within the framework of promoting European integration, the Ministry of Information Policy of Ukraine presents the communication campaign on the occasion of the Europe Day.
Europe Day, a holiday which is marked in EU countries on May 9th and has been officially celebrated in Ukraine on the third Saturday of May annually since 2003 (pursuant to the President’s Decree No 339/2003 dated 19 April 2003). This year, the Europe Day takes place on May 19th.
The celebration of the Europe Day in Ukraine is an important step towards strengthening Ukraine’s self-identity as a European state related to Europe’s traditions and values. The key aim of marking the Europe Day in Ukraine is:
- shaping positive public opinion about Ukraine’s European integration;
- acquainting as many people as possible with European values and traditions;
- promoting the European common cultural legacy among the public, including youth;
- engaging Ukraine’s population in the regions in activities relating to the country’s integration into the EU;
- disseminating the idea of European identity among the citizens of the European Union, asserting common European values.
The communication campaign includes six thematic stories describing European values. The templates had been drafted using the newly-approved brand of Ukraine Ukraine NOW.
The campaign encompasses boards, citylights and videoclips. The board campaign is distributed all over Ukraine on outdoor advertising media. The videoclips as public social ad can be watched on national and regional television channels.
To Articles List