MIP: Ukrainian Amazonians to Present Traditional Clothing on Occasion of International Vyshyvanka Day
On 14 May 2018, at 5:00pm, a solemn event, the diplomatic reception titled ‘Ukrainian Amazonians’ on the occasion of the International Vyshyvanka Day, will be held at Mystetskyi Arsenal, 10-12 Lavrska St, Kyiv. The event will be attended by the senior leadership of the country and international diplomats.
For the first time, an ethnic fashion show will take place, featuring women (servicewomen, volunteers, and military journalists) who are serving in the army in the JFO zone and are Ukrainian heroes. They will show clothes with embroidery made by famous Ukrainian designers.
The concept of the event:
- embroidered towel serving as a red carpet;
- 40 pictures by ten modern artists from all over Ukraine (on the embroidery topic);
- canvases ‘Ukrainian Amazonians’ (created by MIP’s order specially for the event) depicting servicewomen from the JFO zone in traditional clothing from the North, South, West, and East;
- 2D mapping of Petrykivka and Samchakivka painting;
- an exhibition of ancient traditional clothing from collections all over Ukraine, which are nearly 100 years old.
The event is organized by the Ministry of Information Policy of Ukraine together with the NGO International Vyshyvanka Day.
The solemn event will be closed to public, so we kindly invite media workers to participate, solely on the condition of prior registration via +38044 200 41 23 or [email protected] Accreditation is available until May 14, 1:00pm.