The keys tasks of the Sector:
- Carries out organization and participation in ensuring the implementation of state legal policy in the sphere of information policy; ensures the accurate application of legislation in the Ministry and at the enterprises which belong to the sphere of its management; represents the interests of the Ministry in courts.
- Carries out elaboration of and participation in the development of normative legal acts' drafts on issues within the competence of the Ministry.
- Implements examination for compliance with the legislation and the international treaties of Ukraine of draft orders and other acts submitted for signature to the head of the executive authority, and approves (endorses) them in the presence of the approval (visa) of the concerned heads of departments.
- Conducts legal analysis of normative legal acts' drafts prepared by departments of the Ministry, prepares reports in the form approved by the Ministry of justice, and approves (endorses) them in the presence of the approval (visa) of the concerned heads of departments.
- Makes suggestions to the Minister regarding the submission of normative legal acts to the state registration in the procedure established by the Ministry of justice.
- Ensures consideration of draft normative legal acts and other documents received for approval on issues related to the competence of the Ministry and prepares proposals to them.
- Carries out implementation of measures for the adaptation of the Ukrainian legislation to the legislation of the European Union within its competence;
- Carries out arrangements of work related to conclusion of agreements (contracts), participates in the preparation and implementation of measures aimed at fulfillment of contractual obligations, the protection of property rights and legitimate interests of the executive body, and approves (endorses) the draft contracts in the presence of the approval (visa) of the concerned heads of departments.
- Ensures organization of claim activities and controls the implementation.
- Implements methodical guidance of legal work in the Ministry, at the enterprises which belong to the sphere of its management, checking the status of the legal framework and proposals for consideration by the Minister for its improvement and elimination of drawbacks in the legal support of the activities of the authority, measures for the introduction of new forms and methods of activity of the Sector, the fulfillment of acts of the Ministry of justice and its territorial bodies.
- Carries out maintainance of records of legislative acts and international treaties of Ukraine, ensuring the maintenance of their control and storage.
- Ensures representation of the Ministry at courts and other bodies under the established procedure.
Head of the Sector