The key tasks of the Sector:
- Carries out monitoring of the media, analytical processing of incoming information aimed to assess the situations under monitoring, simulates and forecasts possible changes in it, identifies permanent and situational factors of influence.
- Carries out preparation of proposals on measures aimed at ensuring the operational response of public authorities on the current situation in the context of the protection of the information sovereignty in political, economic, military and other spheres in Ukraine and abroad.
- Ensures the construction of scenarios of possible events' development and elaboration of corresponding recommendations to the leadership of the Ministry, other defined government bodies and officials on this basis.
- Detects the information threats to Ukraine's national security and ensures rapid response of the Ministry on them.
- Carries out prevention and counteraction to challenges and threats to the national security in the information sphere, the development of scenarios.
- Informs Ukrainian citizens about threats to the national security of Ukraine, defines the favorable areas of information work with the aim of ensuring the national interests of Ukraine.
- Ensures information and analytical support of activities of the leadership and departments of the Ministry of information policy of Ukraine.