1. June 16, 2016
- Russian Court to consider case of Crimean Tatars June 27
- On July 15, the North Caucasus District Military Court held a hearing for four Crimean Tatars – Ferat Sayfullaev, Nuri (Yuri) Primov, Rustem Vaitov and Ruslan Zeytullaev charged with involvement in the "Hizb ut-Tahrir" organization banned in Russia.
- At a trial of the Crimean Muslims the Rostov-on-Don Court questioned via videoconference the witnesses from the city of Sevastopol - Tatiana Smolin, a neighbor of one of the accused Muslim Yuri Primov, and Elvina Zekiryaeva. Following that the Court called in a secret witness (Aleksander).
2. June 17, 2016
- Crimean Tatar Refat Alimov to spend rest of summer in jail
- The Kiev District Court of Simferopol has extended the detention term of Refat Alimov and his cellmate Arsen Dzhepparov for three months.
- April, 18 the Security Forces executed a search warrant in the village of Krasnokamenka (Big Yalta) and detained Crimean Tatars Refat Alimov and Arsen Dzhepparov. The so-called Crimean Prosecutor Natalia Poklonskaya claimed the young people were detained on the charges of alleged involvement in the "Hizb ut-Tahrir" organization banned in Russia.
3. June 17, 2016
- FSB requested psychiatric evaluation for Umerov
- 17 June, Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People Ilmi Umerov, who is charged with "separatist statements" in annexed Crimea, was familiarized with a request to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.
- Recall, May 19, the FSB accused Umerov of separatist statements during his speech at the ATR TV Channel when the Mejlis Deputy Chairman said "it is necessary to force Russia to pull back from Crimea and Donbas."
4. June 17, 2016
- Polozov: They try to put pressure on Chiygoz
- A lawyer Nikolai Polozov said the attempts by the unknown to break into a courtyard of Elmira Ablyalimova, a wife of Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People Ahtem Chiygoz, seek putting pressure on her husband, held by Russian Security Forces in a detention center and accused of organizing mass riots in the " February 26 case.”
- Night, 16 June, Ahtem Chiygoz’s wife Elmira Ablyalimova reported that the unknown persons entered the territory of her yard. The unknown fled after being noticed by Ablyalimova’s neighbors. Due to the incident, Ablyalimova decided to appeal to the Investigative Committee and the FSB (Federal Security Service).
5. June 17, 2016
- Ukraine’s Consuls not allowed to visit Dzhemilev’s son in jail
- Ukrainian Consulate sent to the Federal Penitentiary Service a letter demanding to allow the diplomats to visit Hayser Dzhemilev, who is serving his sentence in the colony №10 in the city of Astrakhan.
- According to the Consul General of Ukraine in Rostov-on-Don Vitaly Moskalenko, the diplomats have not been responded yet.
- In June, 2015 the Krasnodar Regional Court sentenced Hayser Dzhemilev to five years in a standard regime penal colony.